This page will provide useful links to websites providing information for both backpackers and Celiacs alike. It always helps to know a bit about local customs, safety alerts, health warnings and anything in general that could keep you from harm and maximise your adventure potential.
If anyone reading this knows of anything I can add for countries I have been to or that I am planning to go to please leave a comment or drop me an email at: email@example.com
- FCO Foreign and Commonwealth Office – Offers travel advice by country, information on Embassies, packing check lists and generally everything you could want to know before you go.
- Breaking Travel News – As it says on the tin, this website offers breaking news from the travel industry including information on travel operators and agencies.
- Nations Online – Provides information and links to national travel advice site (e.g. FCO for the UK).
- Lonely Planet – The one stop place for all travel tips and advice for the canny backpacker or for anyone travelling abroad.
- Boots ‘n’ All – Independent travel advice and tips, contains useful resources.
- Travel Independent – Independent travel advice and tips, contains useful resources.
- Fit For Travel – Advice on recognised global health issues (UK accredited information), includes interactive malaria maps and pdf. downloads.
- World Health Organisation (WHO) – “WHO is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system.” (Source: About WHO).
- Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – Covers all health areas such as travel, work, emergency procedures, diseases, conditions, healthy living and much more.
- The Travel Doctor – Interactive travel health site, the site originally started with a Doctor and a Pharmacist who decided to share their extensive knowledge on travel health.
- National Travel Health Network and Centre (NaTHNaC) – Interactive travel health information and advice.
- The Coeliac Map – An interactive map of tried and tested gluten free friendly places to eat, it even has an app.
- Celiac.com – Full to the brim of relevant celiac information since 1995.
- Celiac Travel – Help for the celiac traveller, the website has gluten free travel cards in 54 languages.
- Gluten Free Globe – GF reviews from around the world.
Blog Roll –
- Gluten Free Traveller – @gf_traveller
- iBackpacker Travel – @travelblogslice
- Howard the Celeriac – @celeriacs